Join the 2nd Space and Astrobiology Symposium at the Canterbury University's Westport Field Station, 9-11 April 2017. The symposium...
Where: Stardome Observatory, Auckland When: 8PM, Monday, 14th of November 2016 On November the 14th, Professor Kathy Campbell will give a...
Life on the Edge: A Journey of Discovery in Earth Science – Inaugural Lecture by Professor Kathy Campbellhaqqmisra, , Events, Life, as we know it, Resources, Kathleen Campbell, life, New Zealand, rockhistorian, University of Auckland, 0
Rocks and minerals are vital for unlocking the mysteries of life’s origin and for guiding the search for life...
New Zealand is solving some of the most captivating mysteries within the universe. One of the many research facilities...
"ET life would simply be ... logical..."
In January 2015, the New Zealand Astrobiology Initiative (NZAI) organised an engaging, 6-day expedition for Kiwi educators and researchers,...
New Zealand Astrobiology Initiative would like to thank the following organisations for their generous support, without which this project...
- a – May – zing! The Space & Science Festival is back!
- The next rover mission to Mars in 2020 to search for biosignatures — how New Zealand’s hot springs are helping NASA choose the next landing site
- Fly me to the Moon (in 2018)… Space.X
- New Zealand: 2nd Space and Astrobiology Symposium
- AbSciCon 2017
- Asteroid Awareness
- Astronomy & Deep Space
- Citizen Science
- Conferences & Workshops
- Creative Media
- Ethics of Space Exploration
- Featured posts
- In the media
- Life, as we know it
- People of Astrobiology
- Places to go
- Planetary Defense
- Planetary Protection
- Press releases
- Solar System
- Space News
- Spaceward Bound
- Stellar stuff
- Study astrobiology
- Upcoming Events
- Visiting scientists
- Summer school “Impacts and their role in the evolution of Life” (Saaremaa, Estonia, 25 July – 3 August) March 3, 2017This school will give attendees a thorough introduction into impacts, impactors, and the role of impacts in the evolution of life. Apart from lectures, poster presentations, student-led discussions and excursions to geologically interesting sites several practical exercises including Search for meteorite fragments Microscopy of pollen in order to assess the ecological consequences of… […]Wolf D. Geppert