Join the 2nd Space and Astrobiology Symposium at the Canterbury University's Westport Field Station, 9-11 April 2017. The symposium...
Where: Stardome Observatory, Auckland When: 8PM, Monday, 14th of November 2016 On November the 14th, Professor Kathy Campbell will give a...
Life on the Edge: A Journey of Discovery in Earth Science – Inaugural Lecture by Professor Kathy Campbellhaqqmisra, , Events, Life, as we know it, Resources, Kathleen Campbell, life, New Zealand, rockhistorian, University of Auckland, 0
Rocks and minerals are vital for unlocking the mysteries of life’s origin and for guiding the search for life...
New Zealand is solving some of the most captivating mysteries within the universe. One of the many research facilities...
"ET life would simply be ... logical..."
In January 2015, the New Zealand Astrobiology Initiative (NZAI) organised an engaging, 6-day expedition for Kiwi educators and researchers,...
New Zealand Astrobiology Initiative would like to thank the following organisations for their generous support, without which this project...
- Conference in Portugal – 25–29 September 2017 – Geoscience for understanding habitability in the solar system and beyond
- Student poster at AbSciCon2017
- What is life? The Universe | Astrobiology – Documentary HD
- a – May – zing! The Space & Science Festival is back!
- The next rover mission to Mars in 2020 to search for biosignatures — how New Zealand’s hot springs are helping NASA choose the next landing site
- Asteroid Awareness
- Astronomy & Deep Space
- Citizen Science
- Conferences & Workshops
- Creative Media
- Ethics of Space Exploration
- Featured posts
- In the media
- Life, as we know it
- People of Astrobiology
- Places to go
- Planetary Defense
- Planetary Protection
- Press releases
- Solar System
- Space News
- Spaceward Bound
- Stellar stuff
- Study astrobiology
- Upcoming Events
- Visiting scientists
- ELSI 6th International Symposium "Building Bridges from Earth to Life: From Chemical Mechanism to Ancient Biology" June 6, 2017We are pleased to announce the opening of registration for the ELSI 6th International Symposium. Title: Building Bridges from Earth to Life: From Chemical Mechanism to Ancient Biology When: 9-11 January 2018…Time:January 9, 2018 to January 11, 2018Location:Tokyo Institute of Technology Street:Multi-Purpose Digital Hall, Ookayama Campus City/Town:Tokyo Website or Map:http://www.elsi6sympo.com Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)Nancy Merino
- Conference for Early Career Astrobiologists "The Early History of Planetary systems and habitable planets" April 8, 2017The Astrobiology early career scientists conference “The Early History of Planetary systems and habitable planets” will be hosted in Tartu, Estonia. The event will start on the morning of August 8th and finishes in August 10th in the evening. The meeting targets all related aspects of the subject. A broad range of contributions on…Time:August 8, […]Wolf D. Geppert
- EGU Galileo conference "Geoscience for understanding habitability in the solar system and beyond" March 31, 2017.This conference will deal with fundamental issues of planetary habitability, i.e. the environmental conditions capable of sustaining life, and how interactions between the interior of a planet or a moon and its atmosphere and surface (including hydrosphere and biosphere) affect the habitability of the celestial body. It will address some hotly debated questions in the […]Wolf D. Geppert
- Summer school “Impacts and their role in the evolution of Life” (Saaremaa, Estonia, 25 July – 3 August) March 3, 2017This school will give attendees a thorough introduction into impacts, impactors, and the role of impacts in the evolution of life. Apart from lectures, poster presentations, student-led discussions and excursions to geologically interesting sites several practical exercises including Search for meteorite fragments Microscopy of pollen in order to assess the ecological consequences of… […]Wolf D. Geppert