The Space & Science Festival is back for 2017! Now with three amazing events across three weekends in the...
Join the 2nd Space and Astrobiology Symposium at the Canterbury University's Westport Field Station, 9-11 April 2017. The symposium...
Life on the Edge: A Journey of Discovery in Earth Science – Inaugural Lecture by Professor Kathy Campbellhaqqmisra, , Events, Life, as we know it, Resources, Kathleen Campbell, life, New Zealand, rockhistorian, University of Auckland, 0
Rocks and minerals are vital for unlocking the mysteries of life’s origin and for guiding the search for life...
The next Astrobiology Australasia Meeting to be held from 10 - 12 July 2016 in Perth, Western Australia. The...
"ET life would simply be ... logical..."
The XIII International School of Astrobiology “Josep Comas i Solà” begins Monday, 29 June 2015 in SpainNZAN Media Team, , Education, Events, Opportunities, Resources, Study astrobiology, study astrobiology, 0
The XIII International School of Astrobiology "Josep Comas i Solà" will begin Monday, 29 June 2015 at Palacio de...
In June, Dr Ian Hawes, from Christchurch’s Canterbury University will be part of a team working at the Pavilion...
- Conference in Portugal – 25–29 September 2017 – Geoscience for understanding habitability in the solar system and beyond
- Student poster at AbSciCon2017
- What is life? The Universe | Astrobiology – Documentary HD
- a – May – zing! The Space & Science Festival is back!
- The next rover mission to Mars in 2020 to search for biosignatures — how New Zealand’s hot springs are helping NASA choose the next landing site
- Asteroid Awareness
- Astronomy & Deep Space
- Citizen Science
- Conferences & Workshops
- Creative Media
- Ethics of Space Exploration
- Featured posts
- In the media
- Life, as we know it
- People of Astrobiology
- Places to go
- Planetary Defense
- Planetary Protection
- Press releases
- Solar System
- Space News
- Spaceward Bound
- Stellar stuff
- Study astrobiology
- Upcoming Events
- Visiting scientists
- ELSI 6th International Symposium "Building Bridges from Earth to Life: From Chemical Mechanism to Ancient Biology" June 6, 2017We are pleased to announce the opening of registration for the ELSI 6th International Symposium. Title: Building Bridges from Earth to Life: From Chemical Mechanism to Ancient Biology When: 9-11 January 2018…Time:January 9, 2018 to January 11, 2018Location:Tokyo Institute of Technology Street:Multi-Purpose Digital Hall, Ookayama Campus City/Town:Tokyo Website or Map:http://www.elsi6sympo.com Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)Nancy Merino
- EGU Galileo conference "Geoscience for understanding habitability in the solar system and beyond" March 31, 2017.This conference will deal with fundamental issues of planetary habitability, i.e. the environmental conditions capable of sustaining life, and how interactions between the interior of a planet or a moon and its atmosphere and surface (including hydrosphere and biosphere) affect the habitability of the celestial body. It will address some hotly debated questions in the […]Wolf D. Geppert