The Space & Science Festival is back for 2017! Now with three amazing events across three weekends in the...
Learn about astrobiology by watching the recordings from the XIII-th International School of Astrobiology "Josep Comas i Solà", which...
The XIII International School of Astrobiology “Josep Comas i Solà” begins Monday, 29 June 2015 in SpainNZAN Media Team, , Education, Events, Opportunities, Resources, Study astrobiology, study astrobiology, 0
The XIII International School of Astrobiology "Josep Comas i Solà" will begin Monday, 29 June 2015 at Palacio de...
We argue that, even though New Zealand is a small nation, our scientists cannot aim too high nor stretch...
In January 2015, the New Zealand Astrobiology Initiative (NZAI) organised an engaging, 6-day expedition for Kiwi educators and researchers,...
New Zealand Astrobiology Initiative would like to thank the following organisations for their generous support, without which this project...
NASA planetary scientists come to New Zealand to engage with teachers and students in our own backyardI Haritina Mogoșanu, , Education, Events, Press releases, Spaceward Bound, media, New Zealand, Press Release, 0
New Zealand teachers will join a NASA Astrobiologists and New Zealand scientists in the North Island this January, 2015,...
- a – May – zing! The Space & Science Festival is back!
- The next rover mission to Mars in 2020 to search for biosignatures — how New Zealand’s hot springs are helping NASA choose the next landing site
- Fly me to the Moon (in 2018)… Space.X
- New Zealand: 2nd Space and Astrobiology Symposium
- AbSciCon 2017
- Asteroid Awareness
- Astronomy & Deep Space
- Citizen Science
- Conferences & Workshops
- Creative Media
- Ethics of Space Exploration
- Featured posts
- In the media
- Life, as we know it
- People of Astrobiology
- Places to go
- Planetary Defense
- Planetary Protection
- Press releases
- Solar System
- Space News
- Spaceward Bound
- Stellar stuff
- Study astrobiology
- Upcoming Events
- Visiting scientists
- Summer school “Impacts and their role in the evolution of Life” (Saaremaa, Estonia, 25 July – 3 August) March 3, 2017This school will give attendees a thorough introduction into impacts, impactors, and the role of impacts in the evolution of life. Apart from lectures, poster presentations, student-led discussions and excursions to geologically interesting sites several practical exercises including Search for meteorite fragments Microscopy of pollen in order to assess the ecological consequences of… […]Wolf D. Geppert